Here at Squirrels, our inclusive setting offers families with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) a place to belong, to be themselves, to grow and learn in a safe and secure, home from home environment. Children with SEND are supported by all nursery staff, external multidisciplinary professionals, and agencies. In some cases, it is appropriate that children will have a 1:1 Support staff member to meet their needs.
Right from the beginning our Qualified SENCo will be fully involved and keen to work with your family to create or join a support network around your child ensuring the best care is provided and to also plan for their individual needs. We co-ordinate services around your child to try and make life a little easier, where possible meetings and visits will be held here at the nursery and the SENCo will be in attendance.
We also support Families by:
– Working closely with Specialist Support Services (SSS)
– Completing Portage Development
– Working closely with health colleagues; speech and language, occupational therapist, physiotherapists, community paediatricians, specialist nurses, dieticians, and health visitors.
– Consultations with the Educational Psychologist Service
– Applying for High Needs Funding
– Supporting parents to apply for Disability Living Allowance
– Applying for Education, Health and Care plans
– Supporting parents to attend appointments
– Supporting families with early Help Assessments
– Supporting Families with Child in Need Plans
– Publicising the Local Offer
We feel very lucky and honoured to have cared for some of the most special little people in our time, some of which have rare and or complex conditions. If you are interested in joining us or have any questions, please get in touch.
We look forward to meeting you and little one…